Welcome to the Resource Page for the
Ohio Health Riverside Hospital’s
Dempsey Center Neurochoir
Come and try out Ohio Health’s new NeuroChoir and experience how singing can benefit your health, recovery and wellbeing!
About the Neurochoir:
The choir is led by board-certified music therapists and specifically designed to provide the physical-health and emotional-social supports needed by those living with and/or caring for those with neurological impairments, disorders and diseases. Open to current and former patients, professional care staff and caregivers, we invite you to join us each month for rehearsals as you are able! Please see the Dempsey Center calendar for upcoming rehearsals.
The Research-Supported Health Benefits of Singing:
- Cardiovascular- improved oxygenation, circulation & diaphragm strength
- Physiological- boosted immune system, improved posture, coordination & stamina
- Cognitive- improved mental alertness, cognitive processing and memory recall
- Communicative- supports and exercises the neurological functions needed for improved speech production
- Psychological- improved confidence and means for self-expression
- Emotional- improved mood; decreased stress, anxiety & depression
- Social- provides music’s natural social bond with others facing similar health, wellbeing and life challenges.
Specially designed to benefit those living with (and caring for those with):
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Other Neurological Diseases, Disorders & Injuries