Non-Pharmaceutical and Innovative Treatment Approaches: Collaborating with Complementary Therapies
Monday December 11th, 2017
Baker Center Room 231
Ohio University, Athens, 45701
*Social Work & Counseling CEUs Available
- Summary: This seminar will review 5 types of complementary therapeutic intervention, the qualities and benefits of each, professional practice requirements, and characteristics of ideal candidates for referral to a complementary therapeutic intervention. A panel of professionals from varying disciplines will speak to the process and benefits of incorporating complementary approaches into the treatment plan.
- Objective 1: Participants will be able to identify 5 complementary therapy/intervention approaches and how they can benefit patients/clients
- Objective 2: Participants will be able to identify qualified professionals who can provide complementary interventions in SE Ohio.
- Objective 3: Participants will be able to identify characteristics and needs of patients/clients that indicate appropriateness for referral to a complementary intervention.
*CEUs pending approval
- Erin Spring (Music Therapy Presenter/Conference Planner)
- Jessica Fletcher (Music Therapy Presenter/Conference Planner)
- Abby Miller (Yoga Presenter)
- Pam Jeffers (Equestrian Therapy Presenter)
- Kate Fetterolf (Art Therapy Presenter)
- Jennifer Jones (Massage Therapy Presenter)
- Jodie Hildenbrand (Nurse, Panel Member)
- Ernie Doling (SW, Panel Member)
- Tracey Miller (Grief Specialist, Panel Member)
- Jesse Woodard (Counselor, Panel Member)
- Dr. Timothy Law (Family Medicine, Panel Member)
Contact Laura Whitlow-Schell with any questions email@example.com or 888-313-5552 extension 4.